Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Tribute to MJ


For the past few days, besides busy with works and living my usual life. Part of my leisure time, I decided to follow up on MJ news. On saturday, went to 1U for Transformers : Revenge of the fallen(nothing much to review, basically it is like Transformers x 2times more explosive, more transformers, more fighting scene), passed by New Wing, and realized there is a small stage, and MJ post is on a white board. Went home and did some research, found out that there will be a Tribute to Michael Jackson event held on 28th June 2009, 7pm at 1U new wing.

After finished OT at Office, decided to drop by to pay tribute to the SUPERSTAR of my era, or maybe LEGEND of ALL TIME.

The event started around 7pm. First we had a minute of "Moment of Silence" to mourn MJ departure. Then, we got someone from Sony BMG to give speech, according to him, MJ has sold around 800,000 copies of record in Malaysia. I always expect a bigger number, but maybe that's already a really huge number for Malaysian.


Then, there was MJ video clip shown, "The One". According to the host, this is never been played in Malaysia. It is more or less about interview of artist, their impression about MJ, and shares some greatest moments of MJ.

Later, we got 3 impersonators on stage to perform MJ dance. The crowd is really high, and wild. I stayed around for 1 and half hour, I manged to leave a few words on the "Wall of Message" that is going to send to MJ's management office in US.

I miss the sing along session, because I got to get home since I have been out for one whole day(Actually I felt sorry to my wife, it is our 1st wedding anniversary, but I spent least time with her that day).

It is really a tragic that MJ leave in such a way. I wonder if he can pull off the concert, he might be able to bring back his glory day. However, that's not going to happen. We can only remember the King of Pop through his classic masterpiece.

2 comments:

Shirls said...

Nice to hear that there is such event in 1U.

It is exactly he would never able to pull off the concerts in London, he will forever be remembered of his best.It is said to sad, but this is human nature, we mourn for something that we never get.

Dreamer said...

shirls : i heard there are quite a number of footage bout the rehearsal of the concert... and some never release songs that MJ compose, hopefully these will be release for MJ's fan... or maybe for the organizer to cover some of the losses...

 
Which Prison Break Character Are You?

More on Prison Break. Created by BuddyTV