Thursday, November 27, 2008

Photo taken on Offshore Platform


Today tried to get some old project documents, accidentally bump into one project directory, and realized there are some photos taken a few years back, and that was my first offshore experience.

It was kind of fun during my 1st visit to offshore platform, since it was some totally new experience. I got to ride in a chopper, to the middle of no way, just surrounding by water. People who work there mostly on shift basic, each team shall stay on board for 2 weeks and have another 2 weeks off onshore. However, as for contractor, it shall depends on the job duration, I once heard there are people who has been staying offshore for 2 months without transfer. Offshore working hour is long, 12hours per day. There are 2 shifts, morning shift starts 0600, where night shift starts 1800. The meal here is free, and the cafeteria is open 24 hours. Therefore, I used to put on weight after I came back from offshore job because we can eat all we can during our stay on offshore platform.

I haven't been to offshore platform for a while, in fact, my offshore safety passport has been expired, unless I got waiver from the customer, I will not be allow to go onboard. Sometimes, I do miss the Offshore experience, and hope to go onboard again.

3 comments:

[SK] said...

it would be nice for a short temporary offshore experience, and of course the money.. but not for a period too long i say~~

Anonymous said...

yih loong, what do u really do in your job? i mean what kind of engineering needs this sort of offshore work?

Dreamer said...

sk : for people who really work for those well down oil&gas industrial company, their paid and allowance is really a lot, however company like mine, only giving allowance RM100.00 per day working offshore

shirls : we are oil&gas industrial vendor, carry a few products mainly use in this industrial, so sometimes requires to travel offshore to complete the job

 
Which Prison Break Character Are You?

More on Prison Break. Created by BuddyTV