Thursday, October 18, 2007

RM 559.70 Interest

Today I am really piss, and I don't know who to blame, myself, the developer, the lawyer, or the financier.

My mom has passed me a letter from the developer, and it is about claming interest for late progress payment. The amount of money that they claimed is RM559.70.

I guess I am really careless, and inexperience in dealing with all these. All the while, I thought the process is very simple. As long as you proof to the banker that you can afford to pay the loan, they approved your loan application, and you pay the loan according to the statement, that's it. However I guess I am very wrong. Besides paying the montly house loan, I still got to be alert when the developer is claiming the progress payment, and make sure the bank has paid the developer on time. Else, the developer will start claiming interest from the buyer if overdue.

Dear friends, next time when you buying properties through financier, beware of the above, or else you will be wasting money on unnecessary losses. So, I guess I am going to reduce my DREAMHOUSE budget by RM559.70.

6 comments:

bryan_shiro said...

Wow... is there any possible way to talk to the Bank you get the loan from to Waive it? Sometimes they can do it. All you have to do is ask. Saying that you are away from the address they mailed the letter to and found out recently... something like that... and ask the bank to call you on the mobile next time...

Anonymous said...

It is very common to hear these issues when buying properties. You signed contracts with the developers; you also signed contracts with the bank. The bank should release the money to the developer when they receive the letter from the developer from time to time.

My colleague went through this before. She advised not to pay for the penalty charge at all.

Instead, check the date when you received the letter from developer to claim for progress payment. This is mainly to make sure the developer had sent you(and also the bank) the letter requesting for progress payment on the date stated in the late payment interest letter you received today;

Write a letter or call the bank asking them to explain how this could have happened - they should held responsible to release the money to developer on time, ask the bank to send you every detail of all of the transactions;

Call the developer to ask for details of every transactions.

From these details, find out whose fault. It can only be either the developer's or the bank's fault. You have authorised and appointed the bank to release the progress payment to the developer. Should there is any delay, the bank should held responsible if it is proven it is the bank's fault; Otherwise, the developer should waive the penalty or interest charge if they never send the letter to the bank on time.

It is definitely troublesome. Unless you are willing to pay the interest, you should deal with it and make sure they waive it.

Don't get upset, call and shout on the two parties to get it settled ;-)

Anonymous said...

RM559.70.. you can go to karaoke dinner session for 11 times!!!

mynicole said...

hi, I don't know much...but I hope I can help...

I've been working with a Bank b4..It's really not your fault..I recommend you don't pay it and if you can't get any response from both parties (developer / Bank), try complaint to Bank Negara..but 1st, u must need to understand the whole situation...OK, dun be sad, everything must be a way to settle geh.....cheerssss

Anonymous said...

hey, so Dreamer is Yih Loong :) I always wonder who is this in SK's blog. I see :)

I think it is ridiculous !!!! Like all the others said, it is not your fault and you should not pay and you are not responsible for whoever the problem is. Make sure you fight till you get the justice. It is not just about money now.

Hot Mama Wanna Be said...

See... I told u dy.... no need to pay for it... is bank fault.... N i told u too that it's not bout money.....

SEE!!!! I am not that smart like u but I am not IDIOT!!!!

hahahahah

 
Which Prison Break Character Are You?

More on Prison Break. Created by BuddyTV